In essence, social media encompasses various methods of communication that go beyond the age-old standard of a marketing team talking to potential customers by adding conversation, fluidity, and collaboration into the equation.
My passion for social media has led me to champion the creation of an enterprise software company’s corporate blog, and the same company’s Twitter account, under my management, grew 150% month-over-month. These efforts on the social media scene led to numerous five-figure deals for the company.
I have also written a number of blog posts on the subject:
- Why Is Your Business Ignoring Social Media?
- Building the Social Media Marketing Foundation
- Social Media and the Marketing Opportunity
- Your Boss Fears Social Media – Now What?
- Top 4 Methods of Using Twitter for Business