I am a B2B marketing professional with 10 years’ experience in online marketing, marketing automation, demand generation and marketing strategy at both startups and large corporations. I specialize in CRM and marketing automation system administration, and collaborating with motivated, experienced teams to develop marketing strategy, create key messages, and deliver focused and integrated marketing campaigns.
Currently, I am Director of Marketing for WorkStride, a company that helps organizations recognize, motivate and develop their talent through a blend of configurable software, modern rewards experiences and strategic program design. In my role, I am responsible for all marketing communications and demand gen activities, including developing marketing strategy, driving inbound leads, increasing brand awareness and developing content.
I have a Master’s degree in International Relations from the University of St Andrews in St Andrews, Scotland. I’m currently pursuing my MBA in Global Business and Strategy from Rutgers Business School in New Jersey.
|– Marketo/Eloqua/Hubspot Administration||– Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS5/CS6|
|– Salesforce.com Administration||– Advanced HTML, CSS|
|– WordPress||– Adobe Acrobat 8/10|
|– Microsoft Office 2007/2010||– SEO/SEM/Social Advertising|
|– Adobe Acrobat 8/10||– Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS5/CS6|
|– Management/Budgets||– Adobe Illustrator CS5/CS6|
|– GoToMeeting/WebEx/BrightTALK||– Cvent|
|– Project Management||– Event Management|
Director, Marketing November 2016 – Present
WorkStride (New York, NY)
Leads marketing communications, branding, PR and demand generation initiatives for the organization.
Director, Marketing June 2016 – October 2016
UserReplay (Morristown, NJ)
Led marketing communications and demand generation initiatives in North America.
Director, Digital Marketing and Campaign Services, North America July 2014 – June 2016
Manager, Marketing Communications and Branding, North America July 2011 – June 2014
Tata Consultancy Services (Edison, NJ)
Led digital marketing team for North America. Drives strategy and execution for integrated marketing campaigns, online and interactive marketing, events and brand awareness activities.
- Created and optimized integrated programs, landing pages, microsites, registration pages/sites, direct emails and email auto-responders, newsletters, surveys, and raffles in Marketo, in Cvent, on WordPress and with ion Interactive.
- Worked in conjunction with the Communications team on social media for North America, covering posts on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. Worked closely with the corporate social media team to execute long-term global social media campaigns.
- Developed web site content and executed global and/or extremely high-profile events, working with the corporate web team.
- Collaborated with sales and marketing heads for vertical and horizontal groups across the globe on NA-targeted integrated campaigns. Involved in preliminary planning sessions, strategy discussions, content editing and, ultimately, directly executes the digital campaign elements.
- Worked closely with the Marketing Operations team to develop salesforce.com reports and dashboards, database integrity best practices, and lead scoring. Orchestrated and executed the first campaign-specific lead scoring program on a global level to track interest in TCS’ mobility solutions, targeted at the financial industry.
- Worked as part of a three-person team to lead branding efforts in North America.
- Created and optimized landing pages, microsites, registration pages, direct emails and email auto-responders, newsletters, surveys, and raffles in Marketo and on WordPress.
- Directed the production of client testimonial videos across North America, including initial conversations, filming, editing, and finalizing the video for internal/external publication.
- Supported field marketing managers, alliances, and client and executive teams with the execution of events, and facilitated development of trade show booth graphics, event banners, invitations and digital communications.
- Saved over $75K in external design costs by taking some Photoshop/Illustrator/Acrobat projects in-house.
Marketing Consultant March 2011 – June 2011
ECOcentric Bags (Calgary, AB)
Hired as a freelance consultant to to increase social media presence, manage public relations, compose blog posts and press releases, increase backlinks, run contests and promotions, and improve brand identity and awareness as the company expands its market to the U.S.
- Increased Twitter followers by 200% in one quarter.
- Created custom Facebook fan page using FBML and iFrames.
- Built relationships with green-related blogs and websites, and ran multiple contests on related sites to drive web site traffic and brand awareness.
Web Marketing Manager November 2010 – June 2011
CarryQuote AG (New York, NY)
Focused on digital marketing, marketing automation, demand generation and online brand awareness.
- Acted as co-webmaster of the corporate web site by managing search engine optimization (SEO), link building, custom landing pages, and web site content. Increased average weekly web site traffic by 40% in one quarter. Increased average weekly web site form submissions by 200%.
- Administered any requirements/configuration within Salesforce.com, including lead sources, custom fields, validation rules, dashboards, applications, and reports. Altered all corporate web site forms to conform with Salesforce.com’s Web-to-Lead rules and feed new leads directly into the system.
- Managed company presence on social networking and Web 2.0 sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Increased Twitter followers by 200% in one quarter. Created custom Facebook fan page using FBML and iFrames.
- Oversaw corporate Google AdWords activities, including keywords, ads, placement, spend, and landing pages. Increased Google AdWords conversions by 500% in two quarters while maintaining existing levels of spend. Creates custom landing pages for each specific ad in an effort to drive conversions.
Online Marketing Manager January 2009 – March 2010
Online Marketing Specialist February 2008 – January 2009
Marketing Coordinator January 2007 – February 2008
Executive Assistant to the CTO November 2006 – December 2006
EnterpriseDB Corporation (Metuchen, NJ)
Focused on digital marketing, marketing automation, demand generation and brand awareness.
- Developed and implemented developer-focused integrated marketing campaigns utilizing print advertising, trade shows, webcasts, and online marketing. Saw 300% quarter-after-quarter lead growth, with a continuing upward trend. Increased Google AdWords conversions from 3% to 15% over a one-month period while maintaining existing levels of spending. Developed secondary website as a temporary viral marketing effort that was responsible for 30% of the total number of product downloads.
- Managed search engine optimization (SEO) of the company web site, including TITLE and META tags, keywords, link sharing, and web site content. Continuing 5-10% increase in web site traffic each week from preceding weeks.
- Owned all activities related to Eloqua administration, including managing email marketing systems, policies, and processes, and creating reports, forms, and programs related to company events, and marketing campaigns. Project manager for Eloqua and Salesforce.com integration. Developed lead scoring program between Eloqua and Salesforce.com, which increases the effectiveness of the inside sales team by qualifying leads prior to initial sales touch. Increased lead-to-opportunity conversions by 30% by implementing a “drip campaign” that nurtures incoming leads and assigns them to salespeople based on web site activity. Administered any requirements/configuration within Salesforce.com, including lead sources, lead fields, validation rules, reports, and routing rules.
- Instrumental in the most successful launch in the history of the company (March 2008), which included the rebranding and repositioning of the primary product set and the announcement of the Series C funding, the results of which included: 4x growth in pipeline and 85% share of voice, resulting in 100% growth in sales, 2x increase in web traffic, including 150% growth in web registrations, acknowledgement in publications such as the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and CNN Money.
- Managed company presence on social networking and Web 2.0 sites including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Multiple five-figure deals closed with clients who were referred by the company Twitter account. Twitter followers increased 120% in a three-month period. Championed the creation and design of the company blog in July 2009; traffic to the blog increased 300% month-over-month.
- Produced, managed, and acted as speaker for both internal and external company-sponsored webcasts. Wrote and designed HTML invitations and follow-ups, managed registrations, coordinated dress rehearsals with the speakers, recorded and managed the event, and added the webcasts to the company web site. On-demand webcast downloads accounted for 20% of all new leads per week.
- Designed new collateral, print ads, and trade show graphics, and writes content as required. Developed new data sheet, case study, and white paper templates to coincide with web site redesign.
- Coordinated and implemented marketing communications projects with responsibilities that include event management, advertising (both online and in print), and creating brand awareness. Oversaw vendor relationships with regard to email list rentals, e-newsletter sponsorships, banner advertising, and textual advertising.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Global Business and Strategy, January 2018 (expected)
Rutgers Business School (New Brunswick, NJ, USA)
Fields of Study: executive leadership, business communication, entrepreneurship, organizational behavior, marketing management
Master of Arts (with Honours), International Relations, June 2005
University of St Andrews (St Andrews, Scotland, UK)
Fields of Study: international development, international law, Middle Eastern and European affairs, social anthropology, Spanish, conflict resolution, and political theory.